High-performance lubricants for food machinery
Mobil SHC Cibus Series lubricants help you meet the challenges of food and beverage processing and packaging. These hydraulic, compressor, gear and bearing oils are designed to provide outstanding equipment protection, long oil life and problem-free operation.
Mobil SHC Cibus lubricants are NSF H1 registered and comply with Title 21 CFR 178.3570 by the Food and Drug Administration (USA) for lubricants with potential for incidental food contact. They are manufactured at ISO 22000-certified facilities that also meet the requirements of ISO 21469, helping to ensure that the highest levels of product integrity are maintained.
Mobil SHC Cibus lubricants are also suitable for Kosher and Halal food preparation for multi-faith applications and to offer processing engineers maximum flexibility during operations. They are formulated to be free of animal-derived materials and allergens from nuts, wheat or gluten.
Features & Potential Benefits
• Allows use in food and beverage packaging and processing applications
• Product integrity assurance through independent verification.
• Maintains viscosity and film thickness at high temperatures to help protect equipment
• Exceptional low temperature performance, including low power consumption at start-up
• Helps protect equipment and extend life
• Minimizes unexpected downtime and extends service periods
• Helps reduce potential oil leakage
• Provides long oil and helps extend equipment life
• Helps prevent internal systems from corrosion even where large quantities of water are present
• Maintains lubrication performance even after high pressure wash downs
• Multi-service applications – One product can replace several
• Helps minimize inventory requirements and reduces potential for product misapplication
• Reduces overall friction and can increase efficiency in sliding mechanisms, with potential for reduced power consumption and lower steady-state operating temperatures
|Mobil SHC Cibus Series||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 32||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 46||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 68||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 100||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 150||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 220||Mobil SHC Cibus™ 320|
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40º C||30||43||72||100||162||222||311|
|cSt @ 100º C||5.8||7.7||11.4||14.6||20.7||24.5||32.7|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||140||148||151||143||150||139||147|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-54||-51||-48||-45||-21||-24||-42|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||253||258||267||270||226||274||284|
Mobil SHC Cibus Series lubricants are recommended for use in a wide variety of hydraulic, compressor, gear and bearing applications within food and beverage processing, packaging and pharmaceuticals. The products are effective in many applications including those where maintenance costs of component replacement, system cleaning and lubricant changes are high.
- Mobil SHC Cibus 32, 46 and 68 are high performance fluids intended for hydraulic, circulating, compressor and vacuum pump applications
- Mobil SHC Cibus 100, 150, 220, 320 and 460 are intended for gear, bearing and circulating systems
A suitable used oil analysis program, such as SignumSM from ExxonMobil, can help monitor the concentration of wear metals and provide information on appropriate actions.
Incidental Food Contact Only per FDA 21CFR 178.3570
Mobil SHC Cibus series lubricants are registered to the requirements of NSF H1 for incidental food contact only which means a limitation of 10ppm oil in food product per FDA 21CFR 178.3570. They are not to be used as direct food contact lubricants.