Mobil SHC 600 Series synthetic circulating and gear oils deliver premium performance under extreme conditions to meet the changing demands of your machinery.
Next-generation circulating and gear oils
From heavy loads to extreme temperature variations, industrial gearboxes operate under challenging conditions. Advanced technology Mobil SHC 600 Series synthetic lubricants deliver premium performance even under these conditions to meet the demands of your machinery.
Reduced energy consumption up to 3.6%*
In a gearbox and circulating oil system, the low traction and high viscosity index in Mobil SHC 600 Series oils combine to significantly reduce power consumption—and energy costs—compared with mineral oils. That reduced consumption can translate to an overall reduction of CO2, helping you meet emissions regulations.
Already recommended for use in 1,800 applications by more than 500 major equipment builders, Mobil SHC 600 Series lubricants continue to be recognized by OEMs for delivering improvements in key areas while maintaining excellent performance.
Features & Potential Benefits
• Extends equipment high temperature operating capability
• Long oil life, reduced need and costs for oil change outs
• Minimizes sludge and deposits for trouble-free operation and long filter life
• Maintains viscosity and film thickness at high temperatures
• Exceptional low temperature performance, including start-up
• Reduces overall friction and can increase efficiency in sliding mechanisms such as gearing, with potential for reduced power consumption and lower steady-state operating temperatures.
• Minimizes effects of micro slip in rolling contact bearings for longer rolling-element life potential
• Protects equipment and extends life; minimizes unexpected downtime and extends service periods
• Provides excellent performance in terms of rust and corrosion prevention, water separability, foam control, air release performance ensuring problem-free operation in a wide range of industrial applications and reduced operating costs
Mobil SHC 600 Series lubricants are recommended for use in a wide variety of gear and bearing applications where high or low temperatures are encountered or where operating temperatures or bulk oil temperatures are such that conventional lubricants give unsatisfactory life, or where improved efficiency is needed. They are particularly effective in applications where the maintenance costs of component replacement, system cleaning and lubricant changes are high. Specific applications include:
• Filled for life gearboxes, especially high ratio/ low-efficiency worm gears
• Remotely located gearboxes, where oil change-out is difficult
• Low temperature applications, such as ski lifts where seasonal oil changes can be avoided
• Mixer roll bearings and roll neck bearings where high temperatures are encountered
• Plastic calendars
• Severe centrifuge applications, including marine centrifuges
• Railroad A/C Traction Drives
• Mobil SHC™ 625*, 627, 629 and 630 are suitable for Oil Flooded Rotary Screw Compressors compressing natural gas, field gas gathering, CO2 and other process gasses used in the natural gas industry