Next-generation gear lubricants
Enhance your productivity with Mobil SHC Gear synthetic industrial gear oils — next-generation technology providing superb equipment protection and oil life under extreme conditions.
Greater energy efficiency up to 3.6%
With a high viscosity index and low traction coefficient, Mobil SHC Gear significantly reduces energy consumption in many gearboxes — up to 3.6% versus conventional oil in statistically validated laboratory tests.*
Major OEMs acknowledge that Mobil SHC Gear delivers key improvements while maintaining its balanced performance.
Features & Potential Benefits
• Helps extend gear and bearing life in enclosed gear drives operating under extreme conditions of load, speed and temperature
• Helps reduce unplanned downtime; less maintenance – especially critical for difficult to access gearboxes.
• Helps extend oil life and drain intervals and reduce oil consumption, lowering maintenance costs
• Reduced energy consumption and lower operating temperatures
• Ability to operate at both high and low temperatures: especially critical in remote applications with no oil cooling or heating
• Smooth, trouble-free operation at high temperatures or in applications subject to water contamination
• Excellent compatibility with soft metals
• Helps extend gear and bearing life
• Fewer filter changes; helps to reduce maintenance costs
• Less contamination and lower potential oil leakage
• Easy changeover from most mineral products
Mobil SHC Gear Series supreme performance, fully synthetic industrial gear oils are designed to provide optimum equipment protection and oil life even under extreme conditions. They are especially formulated to resist micropitting of modern, case hardened gearing and can operate in both high and low temperature environments.
Typical applications include:
• Modern, highly loaded gearboxes used in the paper, steel, oil, textile, lumber and cement industries where gear protection and optimum oil life are required.
• Plastic extruder gearboxes