Delvac MX 15W-40
Mobil Delvac MX™ 15W-40
Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 is a high-performance diesel engine oil that helps extend engine life in on- and off-highway applications. Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 meets or exceeds the API CI-4 PLUS service category.
It is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in a wide range of heavy duty applications and operating environments found in the trucking, mining, construction, quarrying, marine and agricultural industries. This oil will provide outstanding protection in the most demanding diesel engines of Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Mercedes Benz, Navistar, Volvo, and others. Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 also meets or exceeds the API SL specification for gasoline engines and mixed fleets.
The outstanding performance reserve of Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 is the result of extensive cooperative development work with major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and advanced additive chemistry with patented Trimer technology. These enhancements assure excellent control of oil thickening due to soot build-up and exposure to higher temperatures and provide outstanding resistance to oxidation, corrosion, wear, and high temperature deposits.
- Recommended for use in high-performance diesel applications including pre-2007 turbo-charged, low emission engine designs, including those featuring EGR technology.
- On-highway applications operating in both high-speed/high-load and short-haul, pick-up/delivery.
- Off-highway applications operating in severe low-speed/heavy-load conditions.
- Modern marine high-speed diesel engines, including Caterpillar, Cummins, Volvo, Daihatsu, and Yanmar.
- High-performance gasoline engines and mixed fleet operators.
- Diesel-powered equipment from American and Japanese original equipment manufacturers.
- On-highway heavy duty trucking and off-highway including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture.
Features & Potential Benefits
|Features||Advantages & Potential Benefits|
|Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability||Reduced low-temperature sludge build-up and high-temperature deposits|
|Extended TBN reserves||Improved soot handling and extended drain intervals|
|Stay-in-grade shear stability||Low oil consumption and wear protection
Maintains viscosity in severe, high-temperature service
|Excellent low-temperature pumpability||Easier engine start-up and reduced wear|
|Superb resistance to corrosion||Longer life of critical wear surfaces|
Mobil Delvac MX meets or exceeds the following industry and builder specifications:
API CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, SL, SJ
Cummins CES 20072 / 20071
Detroit Diesel Power Guard Oil Specification 93K214
Mobil Delvac MX has the following builder approvals:
Cummins CES 20078 / 20077 / 20076
Mack EO-N Premium Plus 03 / EO-M Plus
Volvo VDS-3, VDS-2
Mobil Delvac MX is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring:
API CG-4, CF
|Viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40ºC||123|
|cSt @ 100ºC||15.6|
|CCS, cP, ASTM D 5293||6000 @ -20ºC|
|MRV, cP, ASTM D 4684||29,000 @ -25°C|
|HTHS @ 150ºC, cP, ASTM D4683||4.3|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270||133|
|Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874||1.3|
|Total Base #, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896||12|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97||-30|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92||230|
|Density @ 15ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052||0.879|